Out of the Blue on the Beach
About VillaOut of the Blue is an oxymoron: a contemporary home in Old Jamaica. And what a home it is! The villa sits on the longest uninterrupted expanse of sea view at beach level of any other beach property in this group.
- four-bedroom villa directly on Treasure Beach and Great Bay on Jamaica’s South Coast
- staff of three: cook, gardener, housekeeper/laundress - please note, no butler is among the Out of the Blue staff because the staff ladies are responsible for serving drinks and meals - the quality of service will be excellent
- among the best beaches, views and sunsets in this collection
- (2) two-person kayaks
- private pool with shallow entry for toddlers
- complimentary playpen (which is used as a crib) and one high chair
- complimentary water sports gear: boogie boards, snorkels, fishing rods
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Apple TV, cable and movie library in sitting room (no TVs in bedrooms)
- fax machine
- air conditioning and ceiling fans
- thatch gazebo for al fresco dining
- wheel chair access
Like travelling through a time warp, to visit Jamaica’s South Coast is to experience another Jamaica of 30 years ago. The pace is slow, the lifestyle uncomplicated, the people are kind and calm. An uncommon sense of bliss feels pervasive on this part of the Island. Out of the Blue is an oxymoron: a contemporary home in Old Jamaica. And what a home it is! The villa sits on the longest uninterrupted expanse of sea view at beach level of any other beach property in this group.
Cordon Bleu and Steak Tartar are certainly available on request. But the good Out of the Blue cook, like many in the uncomplicated town of Treasure Beach, tends to delight her guests with succulent roast chicken seasoned with herbs from her own garden, the freshest fish from the night’s catch and the healthiest salads made with ingredients grown in the renowned rich soil of the South Coast which are trucked to restaurants and supermarkets elsewhere on the Island. Try the local fare … sour sop juice to lower blood pressure and promote restful sleep, coconut water for heart health and hydration, ackee and salt fish to qualify as a Jamaican, and fried dumplings just because they’re so good.
Live here with doors and windows open 24/7. Hear waves break on your beach, see the family of goats who visit the garden for snacks, marvel at the pelicans and, most of all, see the sea.
Smart design is by one of Jamaica’s most-in-demand interior designers. Contemporary style is laced with rustic follies: sconces with twigs camouflaging light bulbs, driftwood shelving, water pipes inside hollow logs, an outdoor shower masquerading as a tree, and a stone garden walkway studded with 500 tiny squares of blue glass that gleam in the sun. A myriad of driftwood inventions soften and redefine the chic clean lines of this contemporary beach home.
In Out of the Blue, it would be out of line not to mention the sweet staff. Bev, Donna and Randy are warm and unassuming, slightly shy, surprisingly thoughtful, eager to please, and always ready with a Jamaican folk song and a laugh. Before bedtime, they may place night-blooming jasmine by your bed so that the clean Treasure Beach air is fragrant through the night.
What is there to do on the South Coast if one ever wants to leave the paradise of life at Out of the Blue?
- YS Falls for day trip
- Pelican Bar day trip for lunch on a floating bamboo and driftwood bar a mile out to sea on a sand bar. Hire a canoe from Great Bay. See dolphins along the way. Wash down Floyd’s famous fish and lobster and wash it down with Red Stripe at true sea level.
- Little Ochi Restaurant for best fish is 40 minutes away. Watch the fish coming in. Choose from crab, fish, conch and lobster. Dine in seating areas made from boats. Popular with locals and folks from Kingston.
- Alligator Pond - See the manatees and the fresh watercress growing in these fresh water ponds by the sea.
- Black River Swamp Safari - day trip up the Black River into the morass. See crocs and wonderful bird life.
- Bicycle rental – See Damion for day rental or organized trips. Ride along Treasure Beach or to bakery for coffee
- Treasure Hunt Craft Shop - Women's Group Benevolent Society non-profit. Art, jewelry, crafts and pottery from local products by local ladies.
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with shower. Bedroom opens to porch and garden.
Bedrooms 2 & 3
Two identical bedrooms, each with kingsize four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in open-air shower. Each bedroom door opens wide to balcony with cushioned swing overlooking the pool, beach and sea. Incredible for waking up.
Two queensize beds, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and bathtub. Garden view.
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
Sleeps 8 People
3000 Interior Square Ft.
Fully Staffed Villa
Audio: iPod Dock(s)
Communications: Wireless Internet Access
Bathrooms: Hair Dryers
Other: Handicap Accessible
Pool and Sea Area: Kayaks
Pool and Sea Area: Snorkel Gear
Pool and Sea Area: Poolside Shower
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Min. Night Stay||Nightly Rates|
Government Consumption Tax of 10% must be applied to the villa rental rate.
April 20, 2019 - April 26, 2019
April 27, 2019 - November 22, 2019
November 23, 2019 - November 30, 2019
December 01, 2019 - December 14, 2019
December 15, 2019 - December 20, 2019
December 21, 2019 - December 27, 2019
Christmas rates apply to any 7 night booking that includes Christmas Day
December 28, 2019 - January 04, 2020
New Year’s rates apply to any 7 night booking that includes New Year’s Eve
Wedding DetailsWedding fees vary per request. Maximum guests: 40
Rate PoliciesA 7-night, full-house rate is required for all holiday weeks which include Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Check In TimesCheck in: 3:00PM - Check out: 12:00PM
Tax Service Charge DetailsGovernment Consumption Tax of 10% must be applied to the villa rental rate. Minimum 7 night stay required year round.
Security Deposit Details
- We wanted to let you know that we had a fantastic trip to Out of the Blue. The staff are the best. The food was great and the villa beautiful. Best place ever!
- We had a wonderful time at Out of the Blue, the house was wonderful, beautiful views for sunset & sunrise. Listening to the waves crashing the Villa staff was unbelievable thank you Miss Bev, Donna & Randy we hope to see you again they never seem to forget anything we asked for, the meals fantastic & that banana bread for the flight home hit the spot. A Great Time was had by all. Oh I forgot to mention our driver Ranny wonderful knowledge which hit the spot with my dad who had ALL the questions.
- We've had wonderful and restful time at Out of the Blue...The staff at the house have been absolutely great, the weather has been perfect, Jamaica has been a welcoming and generous host, and we will be sorry to leave.
- Dear Linda,
I have just got back from Out of the Blue. Oh my! Great Bay was lovely … silver moon on the water … just spectacular … gorgeous calm sea stretching into the horizon ... a small dark line only every now and then as a wave curls over … an early morning runner on the beach and a fishing boat heading out to Pedro Banks, silvery wake behind him ... lovely staff looking after us … so difficult to tear ourselves away and head back to reality! Well worth the extra drive time, just as you promised. We’ll be back … we’re a sure thing! Thank you so much!
Susan W. & Family
- We had an amazing trip, thanks so much for your help! We cannot say enough about the Staff! Bev, Donna, Randy, Carlton, and Phillip all went above and beyond. The kids are still asking about them :)
Will definitely return for another beautiful trip!