Linga-Awile Cottage on the Beach
About VillaThis 3-bedroom casual cottage shares a delightful waterfront site with its sister property, Coral Cove Villa, on the clear waters of Discovery Bay. Linga-Awile sits on a lovely, long, large lawn. Beyond the lawn and swimming pool is its sugary white sand beach with two thatched roof umbrellas for shade.
- 3-bedroom casual cottage with 18' diameter swimming pool
- on a 150' white sand beach
- staff: cook, gardener, housekeeper/laundress, butler
- al fresco dining on the furnished verandah
- 180' lawn, outdoor barbecue, picnic table, seaside gazebo, two sea kayaks, two paddleboards and sunning float
- DVD player and cable television in each room, sound system with CD
- internet access (bring your laptop)
- very child friendly, excellent for families
- sister house Coral Cove Villa shares this large property and adds 5 more bedrooms for a combined compound of 8 bedrooms, 2 pools, 9 staff and double outdoor amenities and water toys
This 3-bedroom casual cottage shares a delightful waterfront site with its sister property, Coral Cove Villa, on the clear waters of Discovery Bay. Linga-Awile sits on a lovely, long, large lawn. Beyond the lawn and swimming pool is its sugary white sand beach with two thatched roof umbrellas for shade.
Interiors have been designed for put-your-feet-up comfort. The feeling is an at-home, informal, easy life style.
If one group rents both villas, all may dine together. If two different groups are in residence, meals are served inside, on individual open-air patios at each villa, or on picnic tables at the beach. The cooks will plan torchlight beach parties with chicken, chops, steaks, lobster or fresh fish served sizzling from the two outdoor grills. Each villa has its own pool, outdoor barbecue grill and seaside rinse-off shower.
Kayaks are complimentary. Other water toys include a swim-up deck and floating bar. More water sports are available just a few minutes drive from Coral Cove. In lively Ocho Rios 30 minutes from Coral Cove are night life, excellent restaurants, shops, open-air craft markets, clubs where guests may purchase day passes, more water sports, Prospect Plantation Great House, rafting on the Martha Brae, jitney tours of a working plantation, dramatic Dunn’s River Falls, and Dolphin Cove where guests may swim with the dolphins (reservations required).
All bedrooms feature en-suite private bathrooms and remote control air conditioners.
Bedroom 1 Optional kingsize or twin beds. En-suite bathroom, tub-shower combination.
Bedroom 2 Two queensize beds. En-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination.
Bedroom 3 Kingsize bed. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
Linga-Awile Cottage was featured in the June-July 2012 issue of Caribbean Travel+Life
Groceries can be ordered, delivered and paid for via a credit card from the local grocery store. Alternatively guests can shop at the local grocery store near to the villa using their credit card or cash.
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
Sleeps 8 People
0 Interior Square Ft.
Fully Staffed Villa
Golf and Tennis: Golf on Site or Nearby
Other: Handicap Accessible
Pool and Sea Area: Kayaks
Other: Available for Large Groups
Other: Available for Weddings
Bathrooms: Hair Dryers
Pool and Sea Area: Paddle Boards
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Min. Night Stay||Nightly Rates|
April 20, 2019 - April 26, 2019
April 27, 2019 - November 22, 2019
November 23, 2019 - November 30, 2019
December 01, 2019 - December 14, 2019
December 15, 2019 - December 20, 2019
December 21, 2019 - December 27, 2019
Christmas rates apply to any 7 night booking that includes Christmas Day
December 28, 2019 - January 04, 2020
New Year’s rates apply to any 7 night booking that includes New Year’s Eve
Wedding DetailsLinga-Awile Cottage must be rented along with Coral Cove Villa. 7 night minimum stay is required at both villas. $15 surcharge per person (outside villa guests only). Maximum guests: 50
Rate PoliciesA 7-night, full-house rate is required for all holiday weeks which include Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Check In TimesCheck in: 3:00 PM - Check out: 12:00 PM
Security Deposit Details
- Hello Sharon,
Thank you so much for all your help in preparing my family for our trip. We had a wonderful time and the staff in both the cottage and villa were marvelous. We could not have asked for a better vacation. Thank you.
- Dear Linda,
The staff keep the place spotless clean, and there is ample room to spread out. The delightful cook helped us to establish our grocery budget. I recommend taking the Linda Smith advice and joining your cook at the supermarket for your initial grocery stock so that she knows what you like, how much you intend to eat, and spend. The cove is very small and private, the small pool clean and adequate, and the complementary kayaks handy. Discovery Bay is pleasantly undeveloped and not at all like the ubiquitous 4-star all-inclusive hotel destinations. You will be in close contact with the local community which is a pleasure as you are perpetually greeted with broad welcoming smiles.
- We visited this cottage for a week stay. We have traveled many times to the island of Jamaica. I was disappointed with the butler as he was totally inexperienced and not able to handle simple requests as coffee after lunch and dinner whereby we had to wait 45 min to an hour. One evening the entire staff was gone after we had our dinner at 8:00pm. after sitting at the table staring at the food for about an hour, my partner and I put everything away in the kitchen and looked for containers to store the food in the fridge. By 9:30 pm the butler appeared completely full of sweat, we believe he went away on a personal errand. Apparently the cook leaves after dinner is cooked. The cook had not gone grocery shopping for our food so the day after our arrival we had no fresh fruit for breakfast, our lunch was soggy ham sandwiches with too much mayo and of which I don't eat ham, so I went hungry that day. Luckily I brought my own snacks and gluten free protein bars. We had a meeting with the other members of the house on food/menu that Saturday. The cook, although I asked her not to place the dressing on the salad which is what I mostly ate, she always did, so the Greek salad was very soggy on a couple occasions I couldn't eat it because it was too soggy. Although the place has potential the cook and butler at the time we visited needed more experience and tact. The cook knows how to cook but is rigid with special requests, although they smile and are polite, the end result shows they are not accustomed to guests with particular request. The Butler was slow and with a lost look on his face and behaved like he was not understanding almost like he didn't want to be there. He particularly didn't like that we complained to the owner, but apparently our complaint was taken lightly. We also found roaches and termites throughout our stay, not fun. I can tell you of the past 5 visits to Jamaica within the past 7 years, I have never had anything like the above ever happen to me! I shall never return to Discovery Bay. I have an oceanfront on Miami Beach. I rather stay in Florida, because I would never treat my guests the way I was treated here, i.e not shopping for food, not serving coffee? It wasn't wild food requests either I made sure all menu's would be readily available on this part of the island. The menus we agreed upon were not completely adhered to i.e missing food items and desserts. The last two nights were massive amounts of food for dinner of stuff we didn't ask for? Am totally disappointed. Due to my diet I don't eat chicken, pork, lobster, shrimp, potato so I mostly ate vegetables and wild rice. I paid my full portion of foods and full tip. Again just total misunderstanding of some of us with special food needs where vegetables and salads are a main sustenance.
- We had a wonderful stay at Linga Awile and definitely plan on visiting again! The staff were so welcoming and friendly. They were all a joy! Casita’s food was amazing and she shared her cooking tips/ingredients with us! Dawn kept everything immaculate and we enjoyed her beautiful smile. Daniel was very accommodating and answered our many questions. He is also an amazing cook as he grilled two different nights for us – filet and jerk chicken and they were both incredible! Daniel went above and beyond on his part and the boys greatly appreciated it.