Out of the Blue on the Beach • Treasure Beach, Jamaica Villa
About Out of the Blue on the Beach
Out of the Blue is an oxymoron: a contemporary home in Old Jamaica. And what a home it is! The villa sits on the longest uninterrupted expanse of sea view at beach level of any other beach property in this group.
- New four-bedroom villa directly on Treasure Beach and Great Bay on Jamaica’s South Coast
- staff of three: cook, gardener, housekeeper/laundress - please note, no butler is among the Out of the Blue staff because the staff ladies are responsible for serving drinks and meals - the quality of service will be excellent
- among the best beaches, views and sunsets in this collection
- private pool with shallow entry for toddlers
- complimentary playpen (which is used as a crib) and one high chair
- complimentary water sports gear: boogie boards, snorkels, fishing rods
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Apple TV, cable and movie library
- fax machine
- air conditioning and ceiling fans
- thatch gazebo for al fresco dining
- wheel chair access
Like travelling through a time warp, to visit Jamaica’s South Coast is to experience another Jamaica of 30 years ago. The pace is slow, the lifestyle uncomplicated, the people are kind and calm. An uncommon sense of bliss feels pervasive on this part of the Island. Out of the Blue is an oxymoron: a contemporary home in Old Jamaica. And what a home it is! The villa sits on the longest uninterrupted expanse of sea view at beach level of any other beach property in this group.
Cordon Bleu and Steak Tartar are certainly available on request. But the good Out of the Blue cook, like many in the uncomplicated town of Treasure Beach, tends to delight her guests with succulent roast chicken seasoned with herbs from her own garden, the freshest fish from the night’s catch and the healthiest salads made with ingredients grown in the renowned rich soil of the South Coast which are trucked to restaurants and supermarkets elsewhere on the Island. Try the local fare … sour sop juice to lower blood pressure and promote restful sleep, coconut water for heart health and hydration, ackee and salt fish to qualify as a Jamaican, and fried dumplings just because they’re so good.
Live here with doors and windows open 24/7. Hear waves break on your beach, see the family of goats who visit the garden for snacks, marvel at the pelicans and, most of all, see the sea.
Smart design is by one of Jamaica’s most-in-demand interior designers. Contemporary style is laced with rustic follies: sconces with twigs camouflaging light bulbs, driftwood shelving, water pipes inside hollow logs, an outdoor shower masquerading as a tree, and a stone garden walkway studded with 500 tiny squares of blue glass that gleam in the sun. A myriad of driftwood inventions soften and redefine the chic clean lines of this contemporary beach home.
In Out of the Blue, it would be out of line not to mention the sweet staff. Bev, Donna and Randy are warm and unassuming, slightly shy, surprisingly thoughtful, eager to please, and always ready with a Jamaican folk song and a laugh. Before bedtime, they may place night-blooming jasmine by your bed so that the clean Treasure Beach air is fragrant through the night.
What is there to do on the South Coast if one ever wants to leave the paradise of life at Out of the Blue?
- YS Falls for day trip
- Pelican Bar day trip for lunch on a floating bamboo and driftwood bar a mile out to sea on a sand bar. Hire a canoe from Great Bay. See dolphins along the way. Wash down Floyd’s famous fish and lobster and wash it down with Red Stripe at true sea level.
- Little Ochi Restaurant for best fish is 40 minutes away. Watch the fish coming in. Choose from crab, fish, conch and lobster. Dine in seating areas made from boats. Popular with locals and folks from Kingston.
- Alligator Pond - See the manatees and the fresh watercress growing in these fresh water ponds by the sea.
- Black River Swamp Safari - day trip up the Black River into the morass. See crocs and wonderful bird life.
- Bicycle rental – See Damion for day rental or organized trips. Ride along Treasure Beach or to bakery for coffee
- Treasure Hunt Craft Shop - Women's Group Benevolent Society non-profit. Art, jewelry, crafts and pottery from local products by local ladies.
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with shower. Bedroom opens to porch and garden.
Bedrooms 2 & 3
Two identical bedrooms, each with kingsize four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in open-air shower. Each bedroom door opens wide to balcony with cushioned swing overlooking the pool, beach and sea. Incredible for waking up.
Two queensize beds, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and bathtub. Garden view.
- Government Consumption Tax of 10% must be applied to the villa rental rate.
|High Season 2018
December 15 - April 14
|Low Season 2017
April 15 - December 14
March 31 - April 7
Easter week is any 7 nights that includes Easter Sunday
November 18 - November 25
December 19 - December 26
December 26 - January 2
Minimum 7 night stay required year round