Malatai on the Beach • Ocho Rios, Jamaica Villa
About Malatai on the Beach
Just off the main road into Ocho Rios, a small lane leads to a tropical woodland. At the end of the lane, an electronic gate opens to reveal a large and magnificent new villa named Malatai. Directly on the translucent waters of Mammee Bay, Malatai is one of the newest and largest villas in this collection.
- glamorous 9,500-sq-ft Premier villa directly on one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches
- 6 bedrooms (5 for adults, 1 for children), 6-1/2 bathrooms plus poolside powder room
- full staff: chef, assistant chef, butler, housekeepers, gardener, laundress
- private pool with 26-inch-deep shallow wading area for youngsters, bubbling on request
- private tennis court
- private air-conditioned fitness room (treadmill, bench, 3 NXT spinning bikes, free weights, DVD's)
- beautiful gazebo with outdoor pool table and ping pong table conversion top (lighted for night-time play)
- complimentary sea kayaks, snorkeling gear for adults and children, life vests and boogie boards for children
- poolside hot tub
- whirlpool bathtubs in two bathrooms
- high-speed Internet and fax, computer and printer
- family room with flat screen surround-sound 36” television, DVD, and CD players
- child friendly
- complimentary cribs (2), pack-n-play and high chairs (2)
- library of music and movies
- Sirius satellite radio
- 16-speaker indoor-outdoor sound system
- room-to-room intercom, portable land line phones, complimentary cell phone
- generator, bedroom safes, electronic security
- 3 minutes from Ocho Rios attractions, 5 minutes from duty-free shopping
Just west of Ocho Rios, a small lane leads to a brilliant new oceanfront villa. An electronic gate opens to reveal the large and splendid private home named Malatai. Stately lions, koi and lily ponds grace the covered entrance. On textures of gleaming Jotoba wood, Italian tile, Jerusalem stone, marble and granite, interior spaces open to the piece de resistance: a 3,300-square-foot sugary white sand beach.
Directly on the turquoise waters of Old Fort Bay in St. Ann‘s Parish, Malatai is one of the newest and largest villas in this collection. The free-form pool includes a shallow children’s section, separated from the deeper pool by an underwater partition. The overall property consists of the spacious main villa, separate air-conditioned fitness cottage, hot tub, large lawn with shaded sitting areas, and teak party deck with barbeque for outdoor entertaining by the sea. Beyond the lawn is the lovely white beach and excellent swimming water. Four single and four double kayaks and are complimentary. Life vests are also provided for both adults and children.
A long fence privatizes the pool and lawn. The fence is designed to be rolled open each morning to reveal a gorgeous all-day panorama of the beach and blue sea just steps across the soft grassy lawn. Day and night, the sounds of the sea echo the romance of this idyllic location.
From the state-of-the-art tile, stainless steel and granite kitchen, home-cooked meals are served in the inside dining room or on the al fresco verandah. Two Swiss-made coffee machines provide all-day on-demand rich fresh-ground Blue Mountain coffee. Signature drinks and hors d’oeuvres are offered each evening around the verandah bar. As a special treat, the butler will hire a mento band and plan a torchlight beach party with jerk chicken and pork, tenderloin, kabobs, or fresh fish or lobster served sizzling from the outdoor grill.
On request, the butler can arrange for jet skis, water skis, parasailing, windsurfing and a sunset cruise boat to be delivered to the Malatai beach. The staff can also arrange yoga instruction and spa treatments at the villa. While privately located, Malatai is only minutes from Dolphin Cove, famous Dunn‘s River Falls and lively Ocho Rios with its wide selection of duty-free shopping, excursions and music.
Maximum occupancy is 10 adults and 4 children under the age of 12. An extra guest fee of $50 per person per night applies to all guests in excess of 12.
Two Master Bedrooms
Each has a four-poster kingsize bed and 32” Sony flat-screen television. En-suite marble bathrooms have double-basin granite vanities, whirlpool bathtubs and separate glass door walk-in showers with multiple water jets. Both bedrooms and bathrooms open to a furnished balcony overlooking the pool, beach and ocean.
3 bunk beds (total 6 twin beds). En-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. Opens to balcony (but door can remain locked if parents wish).
Petal, Yellow and Green Bedrooms
Each has 2 queensize beds and en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. All 3 downstairs bedrooms have a 32” flat screen television and open to a private porch with wonderful views of the ocean.
All six bedrooms have flat-screen television, telephone with room-to-room intercom, quiet air conditioning, safe, terry cloth bathrobes, and furnished balconies or terraces with glorious ocean views.
Air-conditioned computer room with complimentary high-speed Internet access, printer and fax machine.
36” flat-screen television, surround-sound system with speakers throughout lower level and pool area.
DVD’s and CD’s. Board games for adults and children.
Located in separate building just across the lawn: air-conditioned fitness room (treadmill, bench, 3 spinning exercise bikes, free weights) … VCR, CD and exercise videos.
December 15 - April 17
December 15 - April 17
April 16 - December 14
April 16 - December 14
December 19 - December 26
December 26 - January 2
April 10 - April 17
November 19 - November 26