Makana on the Beach • Discovery Bay, Jamaica Villa
About Makana on the Beach
Makana is one of the most glamorous private villas on the precious strip of land that borders Discovery Bay. The site itself is remarkable: a spacious villa with private tennis court and swimming pool on a sugary white sand beach bordering translucent swimming and kayaking water.
- deluxe 9,500 sq ft 6-bedroom waterfront villa with private white sand beach on beautiful Discovery Bay
- 16’ x 36’ infinity edge pool and outdoor hot tub
- full staff: butlers, chef, housekeepers, gardener, laundress
- tennis court lit for night play
- air-conditioned gym (Bowflex, treadmill, stairmaster), powder room and outdoor shower
- complimentary sea kayaks and snorkel equipment ~ more water sports nearby
- basketball hoop/stand (located at tennis court)
- table tennis (staff able to set up wherever desired)
- 8 flat screen cable televisions
- wireless Internet throughout
- Family Room/Home Office with computer, fax, printer, DVD player, Playstation II with games, movies
- Apple TV
- free phone calls to the US, Canada and landlines in the United Kingdom
- Bose stereo in spa (also used in the gym)
- ultra-luxurious bedding and feather mattress toppers
- wet bar with ice maker
- over-the-water gazebo with 270-degree view
- child friendly: two complimentary portable cribs and one high chair, large lawn for play, nannies on request
- other Premier villas within walking distance to combine with Makana for large family reunions
Makana is one of the most glamorous private villas on the precious strip of land that borders Discovery Bay. The site itself is remarkable: a spacious villa with private tennis court and swimming pool on a sugary white sand beach bordering translucent swimming and kayaking water. The architecture is superb.
Virtually a resort within itself, Makana also includes an air-conditioned gym with powder room and an outdoor shower. An over-the-water gazebo provides a 270-degree view of the mountains, bay and Caribbean Sea and is a splendid venue for lovers of breathtaking sunsets.
Spa specialists available on-call for massages/treatments that can be set up in bedrooms, balconies or in the garden (for various charges).
Interiors are stylish and comfortable. The Great Room opens to a spacious verandah and bar. Home-cooked meals are served on the al fresco dining terrace overlooking the lawn, garden, private pool, beach and blue bay.
Child friendly, Makana's design addresses the accommodation of family units. Excellent Jamaican nannies are available on request.
The state-of-the-art kitchen includes a commercial oven, microwave and gas grill. The talented Makana chef treats guests each week to barbecues of steaks, chicken, shrimp, pork and lobster fired on the outdoor grill.
Driving time from the Montego Bay airport to Makana is approximately 60 minutes. Discovery Bay is an incredible turquoise body of water that has attracted some of Jamaica’s most visionary homeowners. Makana has raised the bar.
The owners of Makana have stressed luxurious nighttime comfort by installing top-of-the-line mattresses and pillows, and hypo-allergenic down featherbed mattress toppers. All bedrooms have closet safes and TV.
UPSTAIRS ~ 4 bedrooms
Master Bedroom ~ 840 sq ft
Kingsize bed in spacious suite with private balcony and view of the bay. Sitting room with twin sofa bed. Large en-suite bathroom with shower, double-basin vanity and whirlpool tub.
Papaya Room ~ 540 sq ft
Kingsize bed; walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower. Private balcony.
Breadfruit Room ~ 480 sq ft
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with walk-in-shower. Private balcony.
Blue Room ~ 450 sq ft
Two queensize beds; en-suite bathroom with tub-shower. Accommodates 4 children.
Television, video games and Playstation. Private balcony (door can be locked).
Luxuriously furnished with LCD television and home office complete with computer, telephone and fax. Wireless Internet is throughout the villa.
DOWNSTAIRS ANNEX ~ 2 BEDROOMS
A unique interior water feature joins the main house to a connecting private annex. The annex includes a sitting room and two bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom and terrace. This suite of rooms is ideal for a family of four.
Bamboo Room ~ 440 sq ft
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with large double walk-in shower. Private terrace.
Sugarcane Room ~ 380 sq ft
Optional kingsize or twin beds; en-suite bathroom with tub/shower. Private terrace.
Maximum desired occupancy is 12 guests plus 2 infants. On request, we can accommodate 2 additional children age 12 or under for an additional rate of $100 per child per day. Use of the Annex requires a rental of all 6 bedrooms. The Makana homeowner requests no smoking in the living room, dinning room, family room, bedrooms and bathrooms. Smoking is only allowed on the verandahs.
December 15 - April 17
December 15 - April 17
April 18 - December 15
April 18 - December 15
April 10 - April 17
Easter week is any 7 nights that includes Easter Sunday
November 18 - November 25
December 19 - December 26
December 26 - January 2