Longview Manor at Round Hill • Montego Bay, Jamaica Villa
About Longview Manor at Round Hill
From acres of beautifully landscaped and terraced grounds, Longview Manor commands sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and blue-green mountain range. Large comfortable verandahs ~ one facing east, the other west ~ are vantage points for memorable sunrises and sunsets.
- 7,500-square-foot glamorous private villa atop prestigious Round Hill, remarkable for its ocean views
- 7 bedrooms (4-bedroom Main House plus 3-bedroom Cottage) and 7 en-suite bathrooms
- private tennis court
- extraordinary 30’ x 50' swimming pool
- full staff: butler, cook, housekeeper, laundress, gardeners
- cable television in living rooms, DVD and sound system, iPod dock
- wireless Internet access in Main House
- complimentary golf cart for travel within Round Hill resort
- Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, tennis, fitness room, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail, Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, tennis lessons, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri
- The Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens & adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea & Manager's Cocktail Party. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri
On lush acres of beautifully landscaped and terraced grounds atop posh Round Hill, Longview Manor commands sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and blue-green mountain range. Large furnished verandahs are vantage points for memorable sunrises and sunsets. After sunset, the lights of the town of Montego Bay across the sea form an unforgettable jeweled backdrop.
Three broad stone steps lead from the 1,300-square-foot east verandah to one of the largest terraces and private pools in this group of villas. The east verandah offers vast mesmerizing views over the deep blue sea day and night. The west verandah is the al fresco dining porch. This area captures the glorious western sunsets.
The verandahs and Great Room are on 4,000 square feet of cool marble floors, suitable for dancing to music from the indoor/outdoor sound system. From the Great Room, 12 French doors open wide and 9 ceiling fans augment the almost non-stop tradewinds that kiss the top of Round Hill year-round.
A two-minute stroll down the hill brings guests to the middle terrace and the lovely three-bedroom Guest Cottage. Just across the lawn on the lower terrace is the private tennis court. The head gardener has nurtured a wealth of incredibly beautiful roses, lilies, double and triple hibiscus and bougainvillea. The lawns and gardens are photogenic sites for family reunion pictures and sunset weddings amidst flower-draped garden walls framing the multi-hued sea beyond.
Longview Manor has hosted countless international celebrities and Academy Award-winning producers, directors and major movie stars. Meals here merit special attention.
All rooms and bathrooms have been lavishly renovated to a high standard of quality.
Main House - 4 Bedrooms
Master Suite 1,000 sq
Kingsize four-poster bed, large sitting area, sea view. Glamorous 450-sq-ft air-conditioned bathroom, ft 42-sq-ft pink marble shower and walled garden, deep whirlpool tub, double vanity.
Kingsize bed. Ocean view. En-suite bathroom.
Optional kingsize or twin beds. Ocean view. En-suite bathroom.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, walk-in closet. En-suite bathroom.
Guest Cottage - 3 Bedrooms
Bedrooms 4, 5, 6
- each bedroom has optional kingsize or twin beds and modern en-suite bathrooms
- sofa bed in living room
- kitchenette with fridge, ice maker, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker
- cable television in living room
- breathtaking all-day view of the deep blue Caribbean Sea
- stunning view each night across the sea to the twinkling lights of cruise ships and the town of Montego Bay
- ideal cottage for 3 couples or a family
Round Hill Hotel and Beach Club Membership
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just five minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Membership entitles guests to access Round Hill's private beach and tennis on hard-surface courts lit for night play and with pro on call. (Charges apply to lessons and ball boys.) Round Hill also offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party and Friday Jamaica Night).
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 3 till October 8, 2013.
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world."
The Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All whites required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym and compete in the new Usain Bolt Games Room at the Great House (teens love it). Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, hobie cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy the week’s events, including the Monday Night Manager’s Cocktail Party and the Wednesday and Friday night beach parties and buffets.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for daily 4:00 tea and sweets. Shop at the convenient commissary and chic boutique, and meet for happy hour and snacks at the casual bar. Also at the Great House is the new Usain Bolt Games Room open all day and night for ping pong, pool, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, chess and checkers, board games, comfy reclining chairs and HDTV. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool (ping pong table there too). The Tryall Club is thoughtfully designed to please toddlers, preteens, tweens, moms, dads and everyone from teens to octogenarians.
For a great write-up of the Tryall Club, see Dana Vachon's article Club Jamaica in Departures Magazine.
The Tryall Club was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world.”
December 15 - April 15
December 15 - April 15
April 16 - December 14
April 16 - December 14
December 21 - December 28
December 28 - January 4
April 19 - April 26
November 23 - November 30