Longview Manor on Round Hill • Montego Bay, Jamaica Villa
About Longview Manor on Round Hill
From acres of beautifully landscaped and terraced grounds, Longview Manor commands sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and blue-green mountain range. Large comfortable verandahs ~ one facing east, the other west ~ are vantage points for memorable sunrises and sunsets.
- 7,500-square-foot glamorous private villa atop prestigious Round Hill, remarkable for its ocean views
- 7 bedrooms (4-bedroom Main House plus 3-bedroom Cottage) and 7 en-suite bathrooms
- private tennis court
- extraordinary 30’ x 50' swimming pool
- full staff: butler, chef, housekeeper, laundress, gardeners
- cable television in living rooms, DVD and sound system, iPod dock
- wireless Internet access in Main House
- complimentary golf cart for travel within Round Hill resort
- Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail. For various additional fees: Pineapple Kids Club, gym, tennis, hair salon & spa, afternoon tea, Manager's Cocktail Party, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri.
- Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, Usain Bolt Games Room for all ages, jogging trail, afternoon tea, and Manager's Cocktail Party every Monday night. For various additional fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, and every Thursday Reggae Night on the Beach with live entertainment.
On lush acres of beautifully landscaped and terraced grounds atop posh Round Hill, Longview Manor commands sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and blue-green mountain range. Large furnished verandahs are vantage points for memorable sunrises and sunsets. After sunset, the lights of the town of Montego Bay across the sea form an unforgettable jeweled backdrop.
Three broad stone steps lead from the 1,300-square-foot east verandah to one of the largest terraces and private pools in this group of villas. The east verandah offers vast mesmerizing views over the deep blue sea day and night. The west verandah is the al fresco dining porch. This area captures the glorious western sunsets.
The verandahs and Great Room are on 4,000 square feet of cool marble floors, suitable for dancing to music from the indoor/outdoor sound system. From the Great Room, 12 French doors open wide and 9 ceiling fans augment the almost non-stop tradewinds that kiss the top of Round Hill year-round.
A two-minute stroll down the hill brings guests to the middle terrace and the lovely three-bedroom Guest Cottage. Just across the lawn on the lower terrace is the private tennis court. The head gardener has nurtured a wealth of incredibly beautiful roses, lilies, double and triple hibiscus and bougainvillea. The lawns and gardens are photogenic sites for family reunion pictures and sunset weddings amidst flower-draped garden walls framing the multi-hued sea beyond.
Longview Manor has hosted countless international celebrities and Academy Award-winning producers, directors and major movie stars. Meals here merit special attention.
All rooms and bathrooms have been lavishly renovated to a high standard of quality.
Main House - 4 Bedrooms
Master Suite 1,000 sq
Kingsize four-poster bed, large sitting area, sea view. Glamorous 450-sq-ft air-conditioned bathroom, ft 42-sq-ft pink marble shower and walled garden, deep whirlpool tub, double vanity.
Kingsize bed. Ocean view. En-suite bathroom.
Optional kingsize or twin beds. Ocean view. En-suite bathroom.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, walk-in closet. En-suite bathroom.
Guest Cottage - 3 Bedrooms
Bedrooms 5, 6, 7
- each bedroom has optional kingsize or twin beds and modern en-suite bathrooms
- sofa bed in living room
- kitchenette with fridge, ice maker, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker
- cable television in living room
- breathtaking all-day view of the deep blue Caribbean Sea
- stunning view each night across the sea to the twinkling lights of cruise ships and the town of Montego Bay
- ideal cottage for 3 couples or a family
Round Hill Hotel and Beach Club Membership
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast.
Round Hill offers a beach, pool, chaise lounges, towels, jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, library with computer, bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace.
For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, afternoon tea, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, salon, a range of water sports and beach parties.
Internet access is $22 per day for up to 3 devices. This may be paid at reception. The internet service can be upgraded to Premium (faster speed) for $33 per day for up to 3 devices.
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world."
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 5 - October 12, 2017 for their annual maintenance.
The Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All white attire required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym and compete in the new Usain Bolt Games Room at the Great House (teens love it). Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, Hobie Cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy weekly events like complimentary Manager’s Cocktail Party on Mondays, as well as Beach BBQ and Reggae Night beach parties for an additional fee.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for daily 4:00 tea and sweets. Shop at the convenient commissary and chic boutique, and meet for happy hour and snacks at the casual bar. Also at the Great House is the new Usain Bolt Games Room open all day and night for ping pong, pool, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, chess and checkers, board games, comfy reclining chairs and HDTV. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool. The Tryall Club is thoughtfully designed to please toddlers, preteens, tweens, moms, dads and everyone from teens to octogenarians.
For a great write-up of the Tryall Club, see Dana Vachon's article Club Jamaica in Departures Magazine.
The Tryall Club was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world.”
Tryall Club Golf Course Note: The front 9 holes of the golf course will be closed from May 13 - October 16, 2017 for extensive renovation. The recently renovated back 9 holes of the golf course will remain open all summer. Members & guests who wish to play 18 holes between May 13th and Oct 16th can play the back 9 holes twice. Multiple tee box options will be available in order to give a different feel to the golf course. The driving range will remain open as normal. All green fees during this period will be charged at our 9 hole rates regardless of whether the golfer plays 9 or 18 holes. Normal cart and caddy fees will apply.
NOTE: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling through November 30, 2017. Not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond November 30, 2017. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
December 15 - April 17
December 15 - April 17
April 18 - December 15
April 18 - December 15
April 10 - April 17
Easter week is any 7 nights that includes Easter Sunday
November 18 - November 25
December 19 - December 26
December 26 - January 2