Knockando on Round Hill • Montego Bay, Jamaica Villa
About Knockando on Round Hill
More than 50 years ago, a visionary named John Pringle dreamed of turning a magical Jamaican hillside and waterfront into a luxurious retreat and he named it Round Hill. He sat upon the hill, gazed over the deep blue sea and selected the site for his own home, the genesis of what was to become a renowned resort for guests from around the world. Today, that home is Knockando, distinguished by one of the most breathtaking views in the Caribbean.
- deluxe 5-bedroom private villa atop prestigious Round Hill … plus Olivia's Treehouse*
- staff of 5: chef, butler, housekeeper, gardener, personal laundress
- 20' X 40' private pool with pool toys and unique mosaic Chinese dragon design
- Fiber Optic Internet Cable throughout
- Game Room with Ping Pong Table and Foosball Table
- flat screen televisions with full cable programming
- 2 DVD players, CDs and DVDs for parents and children
- sound system in living room, dining room, verandah, pool terace
- excellent chef for all preferences; deluxe Lynx grill for steaks, chops, fish, chicken and lobster
- accessible: ramp, electric wheelchair, Rascal scooter, 3 zero-entry bathrooms and showers, bench, toilet boosters and grab bars
- child friendly: wonderful children’s playroom/bedroom... Olivia's Treehouse*
- complimentary crib, high chair, booster seat
- nearby nanny’s bedroom and bathroom
- 2 complimentary four-seat golf carts for transport to beach
- US $100 cash for non-motorized watersports, compliments of the homeowner
- Round Hill membership: complimentary use of the new Round Hill gym and $25 daily fee is waived for Knockando guests (paid by the homeowner), complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail. For various additional fees: Pineapple Kids Club, gym, tennis, hair salon & spa, afternoon tea, Manager's Cocktail Party, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri.
- Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, Usain Bolt Games Room for all ages, jogging trail, afternoon tea, and Manager's Cocktail Party every Monday night. For various additional fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports, and every Thursday Reggae Night on the Beach with live entertainment.
On floors of cool Jamaican marble in hues of gray, pink, cream and salmon; rich mahogany; high ceilings and lovely antiques ~ Knockando evokes a sense of old Jamaica updated with contemporary comforts and amenities.
The living room opens wide to the heart of the house ~ a 1,300-square-foot verandah with generous seating areas in white canvas on oversize bamboo sofas and chairs under five ceiling fans. At one end of the verandah is a bamboo wet bar, icemaker, fridge and cable television. At the opposite end is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom and gently-ramped path to the pool terrace just below. Home-cooked meals typically are served alfresco on the long verandah. Three other dining areas include the option of an elegant indoor dining room with a 10’ mahogany pedestal table set with Rosenthal, Minton or Royal Worcester china and sterling silver.
Knockando is Gaelic. It refers to the distillery in Speyside, Scotland, renowned as home of the finest single malt scotch in the world.
Maximum desired occupancy is 13 guests. All bathrooms provide hair dryers. All bedrooms and Olivia’s Treehouse feature state-of-the-art remote control air conditioning. All bedrooms offer flat screen cable TV (including Treetops and Treehouse playroom).
Master Bedroom (650 square feet)
Kingsize bed; walk-through dressing room with padded mahogany spindle crib; en-suite bathroom with bidet; large walk-in shower with double showerheads. Adjoins Middle Bedroom to create a convenient parent-child suite on request.
Two queensize beds; en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. Dressing room has interior passage to Master Bedroom via door that may left open or locked in the night for privacy.
*Blue Room (400 square feet)
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with double-sink and wheelchair accessible, newly renovated zero-entry shower with bench. Interior hallway to small room with queensize bed for child,* nanny or other adult. Connecting pocket door may be left open or closed in the night. If occupied, bathroom is shared by all 3 guests.
Kingsize bed in romantic bedroom on very private upper level, parquet floor, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with open-air pink marble shower with sea view. Wraparound wood plank balcony. Gorgeous views on three sides.
The Cottage (400 square feet)
Freestanding building across the lawn. Kingsize bed; sound system; desk; wet bar and fridge; wood plank floors and bookshelves. En-suite-bathroom, booster toilet with side rails, wheelchair accessible zero-entry shower and bench, Jacuzzi bathtub. Excellent accessible accommodation.
Olivia's Treehouse *
Down one flight of stairs and directly under Treetops (good upstairs-downstairs suite for parents and children). Fanciful playroom/bedroom beloved by children. Bunk beds with side rails, twin daybed, and trundle beds for two more. Mounted flatscreen TV, DVD player children’s movies, stuffed animals, books, toys, games, blackboard, little sink and toilet. (Not really in a tree.) The entire property is child-friendly and has baby gates to limit unsupervised access to the pool area.
Round Hill Hotel and Beach Club Membership
A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast.
Round Hill offers a beach, pool, chaise lounges, towels, jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, library with computer, bar, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace.
For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, afternoon tea, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, salon, a range of water sports and beach parties.
Internet access is $22 per day for up to 3 devices. This may be paid at reception. The internet service can be upgraded to Premium (faster speed) for $33 per day for up to 3 devices.
Round Hill was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world."
Note: Round Hill will be closed September 4 - October 11, 2018 for their annual maintenance.
The Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All white attire required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym and compete in the new Usain Bolt Games Room at the Great House (teens love it). Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, Hobie Cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy weekly events like complimentary Manager’s Cocktail Party on Mondays, as well as Beach BBQ and Reggae Night beach parties for an additional fee.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for daily 4:00 tea and sweets. Shop at the convenient commissary and chic boutique, and meet for happy hour and snacks at the casual bar. Also at the Great House is the new Usain Bolt Games Room open all day and night for ping pong, pool, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, chess and checkers, board games, comfy reclining chairs and HDTV. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool. The Tryall Club is thoughtfully designed to please toddlers, preteens, tweens, moms, dads and everyone from teens to octogenarians.
For a great write-up of the Tryall Club, see Dana Vachon's article Club Jamaica in Departures Magazine.
The Tryall Club was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world.”
*NOTE: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling through November 30, 2018. Some villa beach memberships are not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond November 30, 2018. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
|Low Season 2018
April 16 - December 14
|Low Season 2018
April 16 - December 14
November 17 - November 24
December 19 - December 26
|New Year's 2018-2019
December 26 - January 2
|High Season 2019
December 15 - April 27
|High Season 2019
December 15 - April 27
April 20 - April 27
Easter week is any 7 nights that includes Easter Sunday