Enjoy Discovery Bay and Ocho Rios, Jamaica
BEACHES & WATER SPORTS
Day passes include food, drink and use of all facilities, beach and water sports. Evening passes (6:30 p.m. on) include drinks, dinner and entertainment.
- Grand Lido Sans Souci – Beach and mineral pool, glass bottom boat, sailing, sunfish, kayaks. No children under 18. Day pass $100.00 – 10am-6pm, Night Pass $100.00 – 6pm-2am.
- Couples Hotel – Beautiful white sand beach, squash, gym, volleyball, water-skiing, scuba diving, sunfish, hobicats, windsurfers, kayaks. Call Charmaine Bailey, resident manager, to arrange. No children. Day Pass - $75.00 per adult. Night Pass $75.00.
- Shaw Park Hotel – Good beach. Day passes include use of beach and non-motorized water sports for adults: sailing, windsurfing, kayaks, shuffleboard, volleyball. Day Pass Cost is $65 per adult, children under 12 $35. Cost includes Breakfast, lunch drinks at bar, all non motorized sports – 9:00am to 5:00pm. Night Pass $75.00 includes dinner, drinks at bar & Disco – 7:00pm to midnight.
- Jamaica Grande - Boat rides, cruises, parasailing, wave runners available for rent. Day pass cost is $80.00 adults, $40.00 children includes drinks meals and non-motorised sports. Night pass cost is $100.00 adults, $50.00 children included dinner & drinks.
Tour cost of $98 fee includes pick-up from Portside Villas on Discovery Bay, drive to National Park, Jamaican breakfast (Johnny Cakes, Scrambled Eggs, Fritters), 18-mile ride with frequent stops when guides explain local flora and fauna. Lunch stop includes a coffee demonstration. Finally a refreshing swim at Fishdune Falls. Take your swimsuit, towel and some water. Bikes and gear will be provided by Blue Mountain Tours Ltd.
CHUKKA CARIBBEAN ADVENTURES
Bob 4x4 safari, visiting Bob Marley’s birthplace, Zip line & Tubing, Dunns River Climb & Catamaran Cruise, White Water Rafting, Zion bus line, Dune Buggy and ATV Safari.
COYABA RIVER & GARDENS
Jamaican museum, beautiful botanical gardens with meandering streams and waterfall. Tour guides will take you through the gardens. Snack bar on location or bring a picnic. Open 7 days a week. 8am to 5pm. $10.00 adult & $5.00 children admission.
Swim with the dolphins! Wear swimsuits and take towels, no jewelry. 8:30-5:30 7 days a week. Children 6-12yrs half price, children under 5yrs accompanied by adult -free.(Near Dunn's River Falls) Lots to see and do, Dolphins, Sting Rays, Sharks, Parrots & Snakes! Reserve in advance!
DUNN'S RIVER FALLS
A must-see/must-do! 20 minutes away. Wear swimsuits and sneakers and climb the falls with guides. Take your camera! Open 7 days 8.30am to 4pm. $15.00 adults, $12.00 children.
Soni Plaza and the Taj Mahal in Ocho Rios.
A former river bed, it is now possible to walk three miles through the valley in the shadows of magnificent ferns (600 types) and hardwood trees.
Noel Coward's house near Port Maria. Sit at the famous man's desk and piano. Walk upstairs to the original "Room with a View" ... breathtaking. Open 7 days (closed sometimes for Weddings) 9am to 5pm. Adults $10.00. Children $5.00.
- Breezes in Runaway Bay - Championship course, 7-minute drive. Day passes to resort can be purchased. Club & Shoe rental available.
- Sandals Golf & Country Club in Ocho Rios - Beautiful course in the hills. Clubs & Shoes available for rent, 25-minute drive.
- White Witch in Rose Hall - World-class new course~rave reviews.
- Cinnamon Hill Club - Designed by the same designer/architect as White Witch ~ excellent.
- Half Moon Golf, Tennis & Beach Club in Rose Hall. Championship course.
- Tryall Club - 20 minutes west of Montego Bay. Home of Johnnie Walker tournaments~excellent.
GREENWOOD GREAT HOUSE
Built by the Barretts of Wimpole Street in 1790 for entertaining. The greatest Great House in Jamaica ... the finest antique museum in the Caribbean, amazing view from upper verandah of curve in the earth's surface. Well worth trip to Falmouth. Open 7 days 9am to 5pm Adult $14, children.
GYM and AEROBICS
Sans Souci Gym & Aerobic Club (Charlies' Spa) ... aerobics classes & gym. Comp membership for Emerald Seas guests enables free access to aerobics classes and gym for up to 4 guests at a time.
Art Gallery and Craft Shop.
Helicopters Jamaica. Office near to Reynolds Pier, Ocho Rios do three tours of the island for 4 passengers, One Hundred Mile Tour - via Port Royal, Bog Walk gorge, Spanish Town, Blue Mountains and north coast $1280.00. Fifty Mile Tour of north coast to Port Maria, Galina Point, Firefly and back along the coast, $640.00. Thirty Mile Tour of Ocho Rios, Fern Gully, surrounding rainforest and beautiful coastline, $440.00.
Chukka Cove Beach Ride - Equestrian center, international polo matches. Rides depart Chukka Cove Polo Club at 9 and 2 daily. Wear a swimsuit under your jeans. Bring a towel and sunblock. Book in advance. Splendid 3-hour trail ride on well-tended horses ends in excellent ride in the sea.
Braco Stables, Ride & Swim - Enjoy a scenic countryside ride through the Trelawny hillside, finishing with a fabulous swim on your pony. End the trail with refreshments on verandah of Braco great House. Try the NEW Trail Mix – see and learn about the flora & fauna, do some bird & butterfly watching, whilst hiking through the lush hills, change up and hop on your bike, for a fun ride down to the beach.
Shopping and entertainment center. Margaritaville Bar & Restaurant with water slide, concerts, good food and drink. Multiplex digital movie theater, art gallery, coffee shops, more bars and restaurants; boutiques, beach and swim-up bar, etc. Modest entrance fee. Plan to spend several hours here. Worth the trip.
Attraction with a restaurant, cable car ride, canopy (zipline) ride and also a bobsled track. It's well done and great for people who want an adventurous day. Open 7 days. 9am to 5pm.
PROSPECT PLANTATION TOUR
Plantation Tour, Camel Riding, Ostriches, Butterfly Aviary. Open Monday to Friday. 8am to 4pm.
Day tour. Contact Tour Wise or JTL. Includes admission to the world famous Frenchmans Cove Beach, with its fresh water river running into the sea and rafting on the Rio Grande. One of the most beautiful areas in Jamaica. Lush tropical vegetation, exquisite unique bottomless Blue Lagoon. A full day. Take bathing suits, sunglasses and sunblock, but no valuables. Lunch is available for purchase at Frenchmans Cove. Drinks stops on the way..
The staff will give you our list of recommended restaurants should you wish to dine out. Good variety available ... from roadside jerk pork stands to elegant candlelight Continental cuisine.
Sunset Cruises in Montego Bay for Sailing, Snorkelling, Sport Fishing and Catamaran Cruises.
SCUBA DIVING & SNORKELING
Chris Rance at Jamaica Scuba Divers. must have your PADI certificate. Also good diving at Ibero Star Resort in Montego Bay, Couples Hotel ... Shaw Park ... and Sans Souci Lido.
All prices subject to change.
The Fine Print:
Homeowners and Jamaica Villas by Linda Smith are not liable for any activities in which you choose to participate during your vacation.